Thursday, July 29, 2004

Mea maxima culpa

We've slashed prices on everything at the end of the month! Get a gently-worn 2004 blog at a discount price before the new 2005 model rolls in! This blog is worth $1.15 per share on the open market! No serious offer will be refused! Act now and you can have my 7th place rotisserie team thrown in as an extra bonus! I'll send you a fabulous set of steak knives! You can have the Omar Moreno commemorative statue that my father just gave me! The 'fro sculpt would make Oscar Gamble green with envy!

And if you act right now, Mr. Anthony Darrell Womack, I will even throw in an apology. Because after watching Braves SS Rafael Furcal misplay two more grounders (pushing his error total for the season to 18!), I know understand that I willfully underestimated what you've done for the Cardinals this season. I know that shortstop is a much harder position defensively (Jack Wilson, who consistently makes amazing plays, has 10 errors this year), but your 8 errors on the season isn't terrible. All that shit I said about hyperbole when I dissected that AP Wire profile line-by-line? I was straight up hating. And I clearly owe you the aforementioned Omar Moreno statue, because I just realized the strangest thing: you and he are exactly the same player.

No comments: